Trakt is an amazing platform that enables you to connect to around 100 different streaming services including Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc. This article contains valuable insights into what Trakt is and how one can use it to access so many fun sites. You will also learn here about how you can use trakt.tv/activate to create accounts on Kodi, Smart TV, and Firestick.
What is Trakt?
Trakt is an extremely useful tool that allows you to stream TV shows and movies free of cost from mainstream websites like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc. The site keeps track of the shows you have watched and their upcoming episodes.
You can simply activate your account by visiting trakt.tv/activate. You can also go for trakt VIP services if you have some money to spare. This app came out in 2010 and has over 2 million active users.
How to Create Trakt account on your device?
- Visit the link “https://trakt.tv/join”/.
- Enter your info i.e., user name, password, and email if necessary.
- Confirm the password and then select the “Terms and Conditions” Box.
- After that you need to click on the option Join Trakt.
- After registration, start the Trakt from the media center and an 8-digit code will be displayed on your screen.
- If the code doesn’t show then go to “Plugin settings” and look for the authentication section. Here you will find some instructions with the 8-digit code.
- You will soon receive a notification that says, “Allows the access of trakt.tv to the media center to use your account.
- After that click on “Yes”.
- Go back to the media center to see whether the trakt.tv account is connected or not.
How can you activate Trakt TV on your Smart TV device?
If your every device including the smart TV, phones, and laptops shares the same connection, the process becomes a little simple. Here is how you can activate trakt tv on your smart TV
- Go to the app store of your smart TV and use the search bar to find Trakt TV app.
- Click Download and wait for the installation to end.
- After the installation is done, launch the tarkt tv app.
- In the menu, click on the sign in option.
- You will be asked to use an activation code.
- Go to http://www.trakt.tv/activate on your laptop or smartphone.
- You will see a page that asks for the required code.
- Use your accurate account to log in.
- Here you will be asked to enter the activation number.
- Enter the code and click on the Activate option to proceed.
- You will receive a confirmation saying the registration is done.
- Just click on the continue button and you are good to go.
How to activate TraktTV on Amazon Firestick?
- Turn on your Firestick and log in to your trakt account.
- The amazon firestick screen shows some instructions that you can follow for quick activation.
- Now click on http://www.trakt.tv/activate to proceed.
- Log in to your previously created trakt account.
- Now you will get an 8-digit activation code.
- Enter the code on the screen and the trakt account will be connected to your Firestick.
How to activate Trakt TV on Kodi using trakt.tv/activate?
- First, log in to your Kodi account.
- Look for the main menu on home screen of your trakt tv app.
- Look for the “tools” option from the menu and click it.
- Navigate to the settings and then choose the account option.
- Look for the account that you initially created on trakt.
- This will generate a code and an activation link.
- Open your browser and type tv/activate.
- An activation box will appear on your screen where you can enter the code.
- Click on “continue” and after accepting “add-ons click “yes”.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation message and you are ready to use Trakt TV on your Kodi.
Trakt app for Androids and iOS
Trakt does not have an official app for such devices, but you can still use it from their web browsers. There are several third-party apps out there as well that provide similar services to that of trakt. For androids, you can use CineTrak, Hobi, Series Mate, etc. and for androids, you can go with iShow, Watch aid, and TV shows tracker, etc.